Joy to the World

Writing these kind of things always stumps me... I don't want to sound too flippant, but I also don't want to weigh just a simple "Merry Christmas" down with tons of seriousness. So, I'll just try to share a little of my heart with you as I consider the things that bring me joy this Christmas:

- The greatest gift ever given to mankind- Jesus Christ. I love that the Bible tells us that Jesus is called "Immanuel" (Matthew 1:23, Isaiah 7:14), which means "God with us." Every year as we celebrate Christ's birth, let us remember that the coming of Jesus means that the God of the universe came to be with us in the form of a baby.

- My true love and best friend- N. God has truly blessed me! I'm so thankful that not only do I have an incredible husband, but we get to be together this year for Christmas! Last year was a pretty dismal holiday for me as N was in Afghanistan, and I'm excited about being together this year.

- Family and friends. It's nice to know that when you need something, you have people you can call on who will be there for you!

- My friend and blog co-host, M. She truly is one in a million! In life, you have friends come and go, but it's really a blessing to have a friend who sticks with you (and your craziness) for 23 years!

This Christmas, I hope you enjoy all the joys of the season- faith, love, family, friends, warmth, hope... Make lots of memories and make your Christmas joyous!


                          -J

P.S. And as a Christmas gift to you, here are a few pictures from our goofy Christmas "photo shoot" at our Christmas camp.



Roasting marshmallows on our fake fire... that our dog is laying on top of.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!