Thrifted Thursday- Recent Purchases


Hello there! How do you like our new design? And our new Thrifted Thursday picture? I thought it was time for a few changes to bring in the new season! :)

I haven't been thrifting too much lately, but there are a couple of really awesome deals that I've found in the last month or so. I didn't actually get any pictures taken, so you'll just have to take my word for it! ;)

1. An orange & nay blue (Go Bears!) striped Tommy Hilfiger tie for N- $1

2. 2 KitchenAid muffin pans- $6 each. These were a little pricey for me for something from a thrift store, but they were brand new, super heavy duty, and a nice brand name. Plus, I needed new muffin pans THAT DAY for something I was making, and these were cheaper than any at Walmart or KMart.

3. A cake carrier doohickey- $2. This thing is amazing!! It looks like one of those Tupperware cake carriers, BUT, it has all sorts of inserts for different things- cupcakes, deviled eggs, chips and dip. It's seriously awesome!! I've already used it a couple of times. Plus, it was originally $4, but it was half off... woot woot!

4. Some Christmas decorations- a wicker sleigh with metal runners and 3 spools of Christmas ribbon- $1.50. These were all on sale for 1/2 off. The sleigh looks a little rough at the moment, but I'm planning on spray painting it and maybe adding some Christmas embellishments. I'll have to take pictures when I get it done.

5. Several little dresses and tops to send to M for the orphanage- around $6. I'm planning on buying a few things every time I go, so that by Christmas time, I'll have a good amount to send. I love shopping for kids' clothes! They're so cute!!!

One of the things I love about thrifting is that you never know what you're going to find! Sometimes you find amazing treasures that just need a little love, sometimes you find brand new items for waaay cheaper than you'd pay at a retail store, and sometimes you leave empty handed (yes, I promise, I DO leave without buying anything sometimes!). 

Happy thrifting!!

                                                                                                  -J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!