Thrifted Thursday- Persistance Pays Off


Since I live in Mexico most of the year, I do not have a lot of time to go thrifting, so I have taken full advantage of my time here in the States! I wanted to share with you the incredible deals I recently found at the Salvation Army.

I don't know if you remember from an earlier post, but I mentioned that you never know what you will find at the thrift store because many of them put new items out daily. Well, this was the case with my mom and me yesterday! My mom had stopped by the thrift store on her way home from a doctor's appointment in the morning and had found nothing. Later in the afternoon, we went shopping to find her a mother-of-the-groom dress for my brother's wedding that is coming up! On the way home, we decided to stop at the same thrift store (it was on the way). The following are the AWESOME finds that I scored! :)

*First: Casual Corner skirt: $0.62
I am not sure if there are still Casual Corner stores or not, but their clothes were very well made and classic in style! I was super excited when I found this cute black skirt! Some great details of this skirt are that it will not need to be ironed and is made of breathable material! Both are awesome qualities considering that I do not have much time to iron and Guadalajara is hot! :) Just a side note, this skirt had a blue tag which was 75% off!


*Second: cute bead necklace $0.74
I just thought this was a cute necklace...and was happy to find that it also had a blue tag!! So I got a cute versatile piece for under $1.00!!!


*Third: Umberto Raffini sandals $4.50
I have to admit that I almost passed this great buy up! I cringe at paying over $4.00 for shoes at a thrift store even when they look brand new like these. But I have been wanting some shoes this color, so I gave in to my desires and bought them! So imagine my surprise when I got home and did some research on the Raffini brand. I found the exact same sandals on this site http://www.thewalkingcompany.com/bella-umberto-raffini for $50 which is half price of their original $100 price! Let's just say I was pretty excited about this cool buy I scored!!

So my advice for the day is this: shop often, you never know what awesome things you wil find!

Happy thrifting!

                                                                                             -M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!