Thrifted Thursday- Cover Up Refashion


Thrifted Thursday! Woo hoo! I haven't had a whole lot of time lately to thrift, but I do want to share with you something I found a few weeks ago that I've already worn several times.


I've been looking for a white eyelet skirt, but haven't really found one that I loved. On a recent trip to Goodwill, I found this:





What is it, you ask? I'm not really sure... I think I finally came to the conclusion that it must be some kind of cover-up thing for the beach or something... As you can see, it didn't have a whole lot of shape, and there was no lining. But, there WAS a lot of beautiful white eyelet material. I cut off the top, sewed on some elastic for the waist, lined it with some material from a bed sheet I never used, and I had myself a new white skirt. Love it! I've already worn it several times (see my anniversary post). So for $5.50, and a little time at the sewing machine, I was able to get exactly what I wanted!





Remember to keep an open mind when thrifting- that shapeless dress may be able to be remade into one of your new favorite skirts! (This only applies if you honestly think you'll be able to take the time to remake something- otherwise, it's not a good deal!)

Happy thrifting!

                                                                                                         -J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!