Thrifted Thursday- Furry Friends


Can you believe it's already November? Crazy, right? The Thanksgiving/ Christmas season is really one of my favorites, so I'm really excited about everything that's coming up. I love this time of year!

Today, I wanted to show you some furry friends that I found while thrifting in the last couple of months. One of my nieces has a HUGE Build A Bear collection that's been built mostly from thrift finds. My mother in law always finds the best deals! So, lately, I've been keeping an eye out for Build A Bears and I've actually found quite a few. Last year, I found 2 groundhogs (which were limited editions!) and a camo bear, and just recently, I found a turtle, and elephant, and a patriotic bear- the last two with outfits! If you've ever bought one of these puppies brand new, you know they can cost some serious buckaroos, so I've been thrilled to find them at thrift stores. I do have some criteria I follow, though- they can't have any stains, or look "scraggly," or smell... definitely no smells!! And I always wash them when I get home. After I bought the first one, I googled different methods on how to clean them, and this is what I came up with that worked for me- I tied them in pillow cases and ran them through the delicate cycle, and then low heat in the dryer just to get them a little less sopping wet, and then sat them out on a counter in the sun to dry. I even put one with a voicebox (that I didn't know it had) through the wash and it came out fine.  

I have given thrifted Build A Bears as gifts, but only to people I knew would be ok with it. And, I will say, I gave them to kiddos who were old enough to not put them in their mouth or chew on them. I think I'd be a little icked out to pass along thrifted stuffed animals if there were a chance someone might try to snack on them... 

Anyways... these are my most recent finds. And they were all under $4!! Even the ones with the clothes!





Happy thrifting!

                                                                                                                 -J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!