Thanksgiving outfits

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! :) I love this time of year, so I might as well make as much of every day as possible... which I guess is true for every time of the year!

What is everybody wearing for Thanksgiving dinner? Do you "dress up" some, or is it a pretty casual event? For our family, Thanksgiving dinner was always pretty much just "come as you are." So, some of us liked to try to look nice, some of us wore holey jeans and tees, and the rest were somewhere in between. To be honest, though, I don't really much remember what everybody wore, but I do remember all the crazy things that happen at our family dinners!  For several years, my youngest sister, my cousin, my grandpa and I sat at "the kids' table" while my parents and aunt and uncle sat at the "grownup's table." Guess which one was the loudest and got in the most trouble? ;) Two years ago, my soldier husband was home on R&R from Afghanistan for Thanksgiving so I got to spend some time with him. And of course, there's always all the pie, turkey, potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce... did you notice I mentioned pie first?

Anyway... back to Thanksgiving outfits... I haven't decided what I'm wearing yet... which I should probably get to, since we're leaving for Arizona today. Here's what M and I both wore last year:

original post



original post
I usually try to coordinate my "special occasion" outfits with N so we look cute in pictures (let's be honest, we always look cute... hee hee), I guess I'll wait and see what's he's planning to pack. I'll be sure to post pictures sometime next week.

On a more serious note, make sure that you take time over the next couple of days to be thankful for all the blessings we've been given. I know I often take so many things for granted- family, friends, a warm house, a closet full of clothes, shoes, food, a free country, an amazing husband, a reliable car, and the list goes on and on. I've been so blessed, and most of all, I've been given God's Son and the promise of a home in Heaven. Let's not forget to be grateful for all the blessings in our lives!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all- have a fun, safe, turkey-filled holiday weekend!

                                                                                                 -J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!