No Pain, No Gain!

One of my New Year's resolutions was to get healthier... I know, I know, that's kind of vague, but I do actually have specific goals to help me accomplish that: eat fruits and veggies with at least 2 meals per day, go to the gym (or workout) at least 3 times per week, and lose a certain amount of weight. I have good weeks and bad weeks, but for the most part, I'm not doing too bad! And, I've lost 10 pounds! What's even better is that I feel stronger- last night, I went for a "run" with my husband and our dog (I say "run" because I can still only run short distances at a time and I have to take breaks in between) and N was impressed by how long I could run (which is not that long at all, but waaaay longer than before I started working out) and how quickly I recovered and caught my breath... so, yay me! ;) 


I know that working out doesn't really require you to look glamorous, and believe me, I do NOT look glamorous when I go to the gym, but I still like to be covered up! I don't think the world needs to see things hanging out or squeezed into something just because I'm going to the gym. Soooo... I thought I'd share what I wear when I work out. Maybe someday I'll get brave and take a picture of myself on the way to the gym... then again, maybe not! ;) These aren't the EXACT things I wear (or take with me), but pretty close! I do think I need to get a wristlet that's as cute as the one below- that will inspire me to work out harder, I think! ;)                        
                                                                                                 -J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!