Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

     As a child Thanksgiving meant two days off school and peeling LOTS of potatoes while watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade.  As a teenager, it meant spending the entire Wednesday visiting shut-ins and bringing them "Thanksgiving care packages." As an adult, it means so much more. The word itself means to give thanks, a prayer expressing gratitude.  As I reflect on the blessings I have been given, I can't help but be overwhelmed with thanksgiving!  On this Thanksgiving, I wanted to share some of the things I am most grateful for!
     At the top of my list is my salvation!  What an overwhelmingly wonderful thought that God loves me so much that He would send His only Son to die for my sins so that I could spend eternity in Heaven with Him!!
Second on my list is my wonderful family!!!  I love them so much!  Although I have not spent the last few Thanksgivings with them, I could not imagine my life without them!!  I am also grateful for the opportunities I have had in my life to travel and serve the Lord  in other countries.  Right now I am in Mexico working in an orphanage and school.  Thinking about the girls with whom I work, makes me grateful for all the things that I have been given.  I am thankful for the opportunity to influence these girls.
    I am also grateful to each and every person who helped me to become the person I am today!  I think of my parents, all my friends, teachers, and pastors.  I can even say now that I am thankful for the people who mistreated me and wronged me.  From each of these people I have learned so much!  Some taught me by example how I should live, some taught me how to forgive, and others taught me the meaning of love!
    So on this Thanksgiving I give thanks to God for His love, provision, and wisdom!  I wish each and every person a wonderful day full of the blessings that God in His mercy and love has bestowed on each of us!
        -M          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!