Legwarmers!






Who: J
When: 11/23/11
Where: Picnic for N's battalion & traveling to AZ
What: *Grey sweater- Mossimo, thrifted, $4.75 *Green shirt- Kohl's, somewhere in Florida, on sale for $4 *Dark wash denim skirt- Jessica London, $20 *Tights- Walmart, approx.$5 *Legwarmers- made by me from thrifted sweater- $2 *Sweater boots- Walmart in Indiana, approx. $15 *Camo bag- made by me from a pocket of N's old uniform

I don't jump on every trend bandwagon, but every once in a while, one comes along that is so fabulous I just have to try it. Such is the case with legwarmers! I've been seeing them a lot lately, and every time I see them I love them a little more. I usually have a loathing for all 80's inspired trends (it's just a personal thing), but I have to admit legwarmers have grown on me until I just had to have some. I found several tutorials online on how to make them yourself from the sleeves of a sweater (with this one being the most helpful), so off to the thrift store I went. I've also really been loving Nordic/ Fair Isle inspired prints this season, so I looked for a sweater with a wintery type print. This one was on sale for 1/2 off and was the perfect print to make legwarmers out of! I just cut the sleeves off the sweater, sewed elastic to the inside of the top of the sleeve, folded that over and sewed it again, and there you go... legwarmers!!! These were both as warm and as fun as they looked! It made my day when I got several compliments at my husband's (freezing cold) battalion picnic... although one compliment was from a soldier who just wanted to borrow them because he was cold...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!