I'm just a flag- waving American





Who: J
When: 11/11/11
Where: Lunch with N for Veterans Day
What: *Aviator sunglasses- Panama Jack, Walmart, $10 *Red hooded jacket- thrifted, $6 *White tee- Walmart, $3 *Camo scarf- KMart, $2 *Denim skirt- thrifted and shortened, $5 *Camo flats- Payless (2009), approx $15 *Coach bag- gift from N for 2nd wedding anniversary *Needlepoint Americana picture- thrifted, $1.

This is my red, white, and blue with camo outfit for Veteran's Day. I LOVE these flats... so much, in fact, that I wore them to my wedding. Yep, these are my wedding shoes! They are SO comfortable, and I've grown to love anything camo. In fact, when N was deployed last year, I bought anything camo I could get my hands on. That's why I own a camo scarf... and a camo purse... and a camo clutch... and probably other things I can't think of right now. It's kind of my thing.
N and I went to lunch today at Chili's. They were offering a free meal to all active duty and veterans. It was super crowded, but it was nice to see an organization giving back to our troops (Chili's wasn't the only place, by any means. There were lots of places giving out freebies or discounts today). It was a great lunch and as always, I was proud to be with my soldier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!