By The Power of Greyscarf







Who: J
When: 2/2/12
Where: Visiting for our Sunday School class
What: *Grey sweater- Cato's, $20 *Grey tank- Target, $4 *Denim skirt- Christopher & Banks in IN, $30 *Peacock scarf- Claire's in IN, $2 *Black flats- Payless, approx $15

This outfit has a couple of items that I paid too much for... I usually would never pay $20 for a little sweater, but it was one of those things that I NEEDED for an outfit. I bought it to go with the dress I wore for N's homecoming ceremony and it was the perfect color, length, etc. That's how I justified it to myself anyway! The other item was the denim skirt- I usually buy denim skirts at thrift stores or Cato's for $10 or less, but I found this one on sale at Christopher & Banks. I knew that their clothes are usually pretty well-made, plus I felt that I would get a lot of use from this skirt since it's a little "dressier" for a denim skirt. I have ended up wearing it a lot, and I'm really glad I bought it. 


*Side note- I know that those prices might not be "over the top" for some people, but I'm discovering that I'm a cheapskate when it comes to buying clothes because I always think I can find it cheaper second hand. I am also discovering, though, that it's worth it to pay a little more for something you'll get lots of use from and that will last a long time.


P.S. The title of this post was inspired by N watching Heman on TV this morning ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!