It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas





Who: J
When: 11/28/11
Where: Grocery shopping, running errands
What: *Green long sleeved tee- Walmart, approx. $5 *Red plaid down-filled vest- Charter Club, thrifted, $7 *Green plaid scarf- made by my mom *Denim skirt- thrifted and shortened, $5 *Boots- Sears, on sale for $10 *Silver hoops- I don't remember

When I took these pictures, I was getting ready to go in for a (very) minor surgical procedure on my shoulder, so I knew it would be the last outfit picture I took for a couple of days (I didn't figure my pjs would count as an outfit). I wanted to get in the Christmas spirit, so I reached for an outfit in classic Christmas colors. I know that mixing these two plaids isn't the boldest choice by some standards, but I'm taking baby steps here, people. I love this vest I found a few months ago. One thing I didn't realize about down filled items, though, is that the tiny little feathers work their way out of the fabric and poke you... and fall all the way out... and drift around you like your own private snow storm. Which is a little awkward when you're walking through the grocery store.... 
My shoulder is healing nicely, and I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm really looking forward to this season and the things that M and I have planned for the blog. I hope everyone is enjoying getting ready for the holidays and making lots of memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!