Holiday Hair

Does anyone else feel like they get stuck in a hair rut? I feel like I pretty much have "my look" figured out when it comes to my hair, and it's a look I really like, but sometimes I do feel like I get stuck in a rut. The holidays seem like the best time to try a little something different because there's lots of parties and events that might call for a little extra razzle dazzle. To be perfectly honest, I don't have any such events on my calender, but there are a couple of things coming up that I could fancy up the usual for. Plus, who says you can't wear an updo to the grocery store?
I am addicted to Pinterest (check out my boards) and have compiled a collection of some of my favorite "fancy do's" for inspiration. I plan to try each of these, or my version of these, this Christmas season. And because I know I'm a procrastinator, I'll give myself a deadline of before January 2nd. I'll post pics to let you guys know how it goes!


photo credit
I love this half up/ half down look. My problem is that whenever I try this hairstyle, the weight of my hair pulls the height down. Maybe with enough hairspray....
............................................................

photo credit
I have several headbands with bows or flowers, but I seldom wear them. I always have the best intentions, but then I feel silly when I look in the mirror. M always pulls them off so well! I will find a way to style a headband into one of my holiday outfits, though, I swear!
............................................................


photo credit
I did already try this hairstyle with this outfit, but I want to try it again when I can really get my hair this big and not worry about people being able to see around me.
............................................................


photo credit
I love just this simple twist back. I'm not sure what it looks like from the front, but I'm pretty sure this will be a fairly simple hairstyle to recreate. 
 ............................................................



photo credit
The main thing that I like about this picture is the big flower tucked into her hair. I've tried this in the past and didn't like how it looked, but I'll make it work this Christmas season!
............................................................


photo credit
The little braid on the side really adds something to this low bun... Again, something I think I can handle.
............................................................



photo credit
Of course, no list of fabulous hair ideas would be complete without Jennifer Aniston... I may have a (tiny... ok... HUGE!) hair crush on her! I have naturally wavy hair, and work to get my waves to look like hers. So, I'll be sporting this look this Christmas season, too.



I hope you found some ideas to inspire you if you're in a hair rut like me. I know that all of these looks are for longer hair, so if you have shorter hair and want some ideas, get on Pinterest and check out what other people have found (just don't say I didn't warn you... it's very addictive!)

I'm trying to think of a clever way to sign off using the word "hair" in some sort of holiday greeting, but all I can think of is "Hairy Christmas" and that sounds more gross than festive... oh well ;)

                                                                                                          -J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!