Twist and Shout (Holiday Hair Challenge 1)





Who: J
When: 12/9/11
Where: Grocery shopping, running errands, sewing Christmas presents
What: *Green tee- Walmart *Denim skirt- thrifted and shortened *Striped tights- Walmart, $4 *Sweater boots (one of my favorite things!)- Old Navy outlet in San Marcos, TX, $15 *White ruffly scarf- gift from sister *Charm bracelet- birthday gift from my in-laws

I decided to jump right into the holiday hair challenge I gave myself. I like how the twists turned out. In my original post, I said that I thought that this hairstyle would be an easy one to do at home, but I ended up obsessing over if I had the right amount pulled back, if the right amount of twist was hidden under the rest of my hair, etc. I kind of forgot it doesn't have to be a literal copy... Eh, that's my perfectionist side coming out. Here's the original picture- see how my interpretation compares:


photo credit

In other news... I received this bracelet as a birthday gift from my in-laws. I have never seen anything like this! Apparently, there are tons of charms you can choose from and have placed in a clear sided locket. I just love it! The charms they picked out for me are a "C", an American flag, the US Army seal, and a piano (I play the piano). Very cool! I've worn in almost every day since I got it. 
The rest of this outfit is pretty simple. I'm trying to wear festive outfits to go along with the season, so I chose green and white... and denim... I also chose the green because, for some reason, I feel self-conscious with all my hair pulled back from my face so I wanted my eye color to pop. AND... I wanted to wear my new boots!!! So comfy & warm. I seriously love them... like I might sleep in them.... probably not, though, because as you see, we have snow in our backyard so my boots are all muddy now. But they're still seriously comfortable!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!