Lady Grey (#22 of 30 for 30)




Who: J
When: 1/25/12
Where: Midweek service at church
What: *Grey sweater- Mossimo, thrifted *Red tank- Target *Grey skirt- Penney's in LA *Red necklace- gift from M *Black boots- Sears

I wasn't sure if this outfit would work- I didn't know if the greys would look good together, I didn't know if I'd like the proportions of the sweater and skirt together, etc. But, I'm really glad I tried it! It was a little "out of the box" for me, and that's what this whole 30 for 30 challenge is about- trying new combinations, discovering new favorites, and learning more about what works and why. When I first, put this on, I had all three buttons on the sweater buttoned up, and didn't like how it looked... so, I just unbuttoned 2 of them... voila! Much better! Sometimes you just have to play with things a little and try slightly different variations before you get it "just right!"

P.S. While trying to decide on what to name this post, I did some research and found out that "Lady Grey" can refer to  Lady Grey tea; Lady Grey, a rural village in South Africa; Lady Grey, a fictional character in Marvel Comics; Lady Grey, a fictional evil temptress and mayor in the video game Fable; or Lady Jane Grey, claimant to the Kingdom of England and Ireland who was known for the briefness of her reign over both (9 days). Fascinating, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!