Holiday Hair Recap


Challenge #1- The twist (from this post). This one was pretty simple to do. I don't usually like my hair all pulled back from my face, so I'm not sure how often I'll wear it like this, but it is a nice option for those days when my bangs might be a little uncooperative.


Challenge #2- The headband (see post). I actually liked this a lot more than I thought I would. In the past, I've been afraid that these type of headbands might be too "costume-y", but I think I'll definitely wear this one again.


Challenge #3- Half-up/ half down (check it out). I really really liked this style and have actually worn it a few times since then. I was afraid that my hair was too heavy to stay up for a long amount of time, but with enough hairspray and bobby pins, anything is possible!


Challenge #4- The braid (read post). I left my bangs out of the braid so I wouldn't have all my hair off my face, which I think made me a lot more comfortable with this style. It added a little flair to my regular ponytail, and if I'm planning a ponytail (meaning I leave time to do something with my hair and I'm not just throwing it back out of frustration at the last minute), I'll definitely add a braid again.


Challenge #5- Waves (surf on over... get it? hee hee). Ok, I admit, this is a little bit of a cheater challenge since I wear my hair like this so much anyway, but I HAD to include Jennifer Aniston in my hair challenge! 


Challenge #6- Flowers in my hair. As you may have read in this post, I wasn't a fan of this look. I don't know what it is, I just can't get flowers to look good in my hair. Well, the flowers look good, and my hair looks good, they just don't look good together. It may have something to do with the fact that I look more like a Midwest farm girl than an exotic beach goddess. Hmmm... maybe I should try a sheaf of wheat or something... ;)


Challenge #7- Big hair. I think this one is tied with the half-up style for my favorite from this challenge. I've always had bigger hair, even when it's completely straight, so I felt like this style kind of just let my true self come out. You'll for sure be seeing this one again!

My self-imposed Holiday Hair Challenge was a lot of fun- I got some new ideas for things to try, and it got me out of the rut of the same 3 styles over and over. And.... I have the satisfaction of knowing I finished it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!