Strings Attached (#20 of 30 for 30)




Who: J
When: 1/23/12
Where: Grocery shopping
What: *Green long sleeved tee- Walmart *Black tee- Target *Dark wash denim skirt- Jessica London *Black flats- Payless *String scarf- made by me

This scarf is one of those pieces that people either love, or turn their eyes politely away from so I won't see the horror in their eyes... ;) I don't think I've ever had quite that response before, actually, but some people do ask me what it is... I've seen several different versions online- some necklaces, some bracelets- so I decided to make my own a couple of years ago. All you do is take some old tshirts, cut the bottoms in strips (you'll want to leave the seams intact to that you have "loops"), stretch the loops out so they'll curl in on themselves, and tie them all together. I doubled some of mine so there would be different lengths in the necklace/ scarf. See? Easy as pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!