Ray of Sunshine (#4 of 30 for 30)





Who: J
When: 1/5/12
Where: Shopping for supplies for N's birthday (details and pics later!)
What: *Black tank- men's section, Target, pack of 2 for $5 *Cream hoodie- Steve & Barry's, thrifted, $4.75 *Dark wash denim skirt- Jessica London *Camo flats- Payless (these were my wedding shoes) *Yellow beaded necklace- gift from store owner in Indiana *Brass rose ring- $1 at The Jewelry Box

This was one of those days were I was feeling a little lazy and didn't feel like putting together a multi- colored, multi- layered outfit. I would have just thrown on a John Deere hoodie and called it an outfit, but... I knew I needed to to take pictures for the blog and I have the 30 for 30 challenge going on, so I can only wear certain items. This cream hoodie and black tank top are the closest to the John Deere hoodie I could get, so that's what I threw on. I added the yellow necklace for a spot of brightness (or a ray of sunshine, if you like). 
I found this necklace at a thrift store in Indiana (somewhere in the Elkhart area) and it was going to be something like $3. We were shopping with my mother in law, and when I went up to pay, she told the store owner that my husband had just got back from Afghanistan a few weeks before. The store owner insisted that I take the necklace as a gift and wrapped it all up in pretty tissue paper for me. It was totally unexpected and very sweet! Neither N nor I expect people to give us anything or do anything for us because of his service, but it really touched my heart that she was so grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!