Turquoise and Red Part II (#7 of 30 for 30)





Who: J
When: 1/8/12
Where: Church
What: *Turquoise sweater- Walmart *Turquoise top- Target *Red tank- Target *Grey skirt- JC Penney's in LA *Red heels- Payless *Necklace- gift from M *Ring- $1 jewelry store in Merrillville, IN *Bag- Coach, gift from N

Turquoise and red is quickly becoming one of my favorite color combinations. I like how the red provides just the right amount of contrast to make both colors really pop. Plus, I got to wear my red heels! I bought these shoes to wear to the airport to pick N up when he came home for R&R from Afghanistan in November of 2010. They're not the most comfortable shoes, but I think they're gorgeous! I did end up switching them to boots for the evening service, but that's only because it was raining and I didn't want to ruin the satin on these shoes.

This is outfit #7 in my 30 for 30 challenge. I'm not really having trouble putting together outfits yet, but I am wishing I had included some more casual options... but I think it will really push me outside of just throwing on the same old, same old and make me come up with some new ideas (like this outfit!).

P.S. You can see another take on turquoise and red here and one by M here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts- we read everything you leave us!